Re: Frustrated RC-50 user trying to gain bearings with Ableton Live

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:47 AM, Nevyn Nowhere <nevynnowhere@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> So my question to that is,
>> do you guys get so used to punching in and out BEFORE the bar that you
>> don't think about it?

I was already used to it since I have always looked forwards in time
when playing. Like if you need to end a scale on a certain hit to
match a chord change or you you simply play a note with the twang bar
pushed down and hit the string a little early to slide up the wammy in
order to reach the right pitch at a certain beat, etc etc.. Playing
music is full of these little things you do ahead of time. Playing
instruments is the art of preparing stuff so they seem to happen by
themselves.

It can be difficult to kick a pedal at a non musical timing, so it may
help if you kick it a sixteenth note before you want the command to
happen.... or whatever. I remember I found that helpful when trying
out an EDP in quantized mode for the first time.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com