Question about Syncopath with Sonar

I just sent out an email to the publishes of Syncopath, but I thought I would drop a line here, too, as I always learn a lot from you guys.

I downloaded Syncopath with the intention of running it under Sonar Studio edition.

Here is what I did:

Downloaded Pluggo Jr. and installed.
Downloaded Syncopath and installed.
Rebooted.
Started Sonar Studio and created a new project.
In an audio track, added Syncopath via the effects bin.
Syncopath interface appears as expected.
Syncopath does not respond in any way to my guitar input. I can see the input meter in my Sonar audio track responding, and I can hear the guitar through the speakers, but Syncopath does not respond at all.

Obviously, I am a complete beginner with this stuff and am overlooking something simple. I've been using a Boomerang and I'm a little lost on the software end.

Thanks for any help!

Brian