Re: OT - Recession not all bad

I love Escalator Over The Hill . . . what an epic!

There are many recordings that have influenced me, but these below etched themselves into my mind on first listen and inform my playing to this day.  I was a teenager when these came out and the time and place helped cement them into my consciousness as well.

Miles "Bitches Brew"
JH "Are You Experienced", "Axis Bold as Love"
Soft Machine 2, "Thirds" and "Bundles" (intro to Holdsworth!)
KC "In The Court of the Crimson King"
Terje Rypdal "What Comes After"
Robert Wyatt "Rock Bottom"