Re: Live Looping: it pops up everywhere

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:

> ha ha!! i had the opposite...
>
> I was at a gig once and a single drummer was "randomly banging stuff" I
>said
> to my friend ..."to me
> this just sounds like randomly banging on stuff".  and he glared at me
>and
> said... "Its a piece by Xenakis and it took him 3 months to learn, 8
>hours a
> day, he is a master percussionist!!!!"

Well ha ha back to you then, Mark - here's an interesting follow-up on
that:  The biggest influence and "musical experience kick" that turned
Xenakis on for making the switch and become a composer was when he
once lay on the ground at war, badly injured by a shot, with nothing
else to do but listening to the totally random cacaphonics of bombs,
guns and grenades going off.  Bottom line is that you did comprehend
X's music perfectly well ;-)

Per