Re: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

Well, yes.

The first non-standard tuning I used actually made me learn scales and chords.  Before that, I only thought I knew them.  After a few years, I added another tuning and it went much quicker.  Then ironically I started playing a lot in Standard, and having tried the other tunings, it struck me as the best all-round tuning, particularly if you're playing with others.

TH