clicks on echoplex

Hello, I have a serious problem with echoplex.

I was trying to get som help from Gibson support but they don’t seem to have a support line for echoplex…

I have been using it for 2 years now since I bought it new. Recently it startet cheating.

First it would hang up and did not react to any switch press. This continued even after power off/on.

After a while being switched off it would power on normally.

Now this issue appears to be gone but another has come up.

While recording with record on, it records ok.

Then after a while or sometimes immediately clicks appears in a loop.

And even if no audio is played into the loop the clicks seem to be „audio” themselves.

That is they react to multiply, insert and every switch press as if they really were the audio. This is weird.

It sounds like: click click click (space) click click click….

I think the second issue appeared after i tried to sync it to a sequencer.

What is wrong with it? I have never heard about issues with echoplexes.

Best reg.

Jan Ozarowski from Norway