Re: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

IMHO there is no sense in really doing that really,i just try to know the
root and from there i construct my own version of chords,treat it like a
diferent instument,it might sound more interesting.There are people using
open tunings out there that have translated everything from the standard
tuning and for me it doesnt really sound that exciting anymore.I usually
dont play any scales or translate chords,i play really simple one or 2
string melodies with open tunings,but sometimes i do like to play the same
scale i use in standard tuning and hearing something completely coming
out,thats the fun of it!
Luis