Re: OT:tremolo-no no no (pu's ,trems, etc)

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:52 PM, scott hansen <evanpeewee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> so i ended up getting a standard strat trem-used just 2 outside screws to
> create the pivot pts (but the guitar is routed for a floyd, sort of
>funny),
> & use locking tuners (planet waves). and that thing won't go out of tune
>for
> the most part. never understood the floyd, maybe you need to have a
>guitar
> tech to keep it working....

I too have mostly been using standard strat trems with just the two
outside screws, setting it up as  freely floating so I can move the
pitch in both directions and smoothing the nut scores with a pen to
stay in tune. And I too was amazed by how awkward the Floyd is. I have
one guitar with a Kahler trem though, and it is ok; using just two
bolts on the sides to balance string pull vs springs.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com