Re: how do you loop?

I find myself using less and less stuff these days. To a typical gig
I'd bring one electric guitar, ebow/slide/assorted things to prepare
the gtr (brushes on gtr sound great!), a couple of pedals and an amp.
I'll loop with an EDP with the analog footcontroller and a Kenton
Spin Doctor Midi control box. I love the EDP since it's granular loop
option provides me with a fantastic alternative to the more standard
ostinato-oriented approach. That way I can use it in free improv
situations a lot.

I used to love to bathe in Lexicon reverb/big delay type soundscapes
for ages but have abandoned them along with the much-loved volume
pedal six years or so ago. Just left them at home to see if it would
work. I hardly play with reverb at all these days, working more with
different playing styles, room ambience and the mystic "3-D-Sound" of
good tube amps (it really seems to help).