Re: choosing between these soundcards for laptop

 > On Mar 10, 2009, at 6:11 PM, L.Angulo wrote:
 > ive been checkin out reviews on the Motu ultralite
 > and stuble across some unreliable videos of the card on youtube,
 > i hope they are exceptions!

I'm also a fan of the Ultralite.  I have the original one (not the
Mark whatever).  The thing I like most about it is the flexible
routing. Since there so many channels with zero latency monitoring,
you can set up monitor mixes and stereo effects loops and still have
channels left over for computer IO.

You can also use it without a computer.  It takes a lot of twisting
tiny multi-mode knobs, but it can be done.  The Cuemix software is
easy to use.  Functionally it is very similar to the RME-400.  I'm
told the mic preamps aren't as good as the RME but it's almost 1/2 the
cost.

Jeff