Re: Least Costly Looping Solution

hmm,
both these only have one button.

L.Angulo wrote:
> what about this dudes:
> http://www.digitech.com/products/Hardwire/HW_DelayLooper.php 159.00dlls.

They say:-

While still holding down the Foot Switch, begin playing your instrument.
The Indicator LED lights solid RED indicating the pedal is recording.
When you reach the end of your passage, release the Foot Switch. The
Indicator LED lights solid GREEN and the passage you recorded plays
back in an infinite loop.

andy says:-
that's about the worst possible user interface I could imagine.
Suitable for creating "jam-along" backings, but not much else.

At least it has an 8s delay.

> http://www.zzounds.com/item--BOSDD7

£120 in uk + extra for the psu( Boss psu aren't cheap)

a 6.7s delay, and..

they say:-
Up to 40 seconds of recording for sound on
sound (Hold mode)
And getting the manual from the uk site (not on the .com):-
Begin recording
Recording starts when you press the builtin
pedal switch
(the CHECK indicator flashes
red).
* The maximum recording time is 20 seconds for
stereo input or 40 seconds for monaural input.
* Recording continues even if you release the
built-in pedal switch.
3.
When recording is finished, playback starts
Press the built-in pedal switch a second
time to stop recording. Playback of what
you recorded begins simultaneously.

Which means it's actually going to be easy to get
an accurate loop tapped in.
Plus there's overdub.

But, neither of these has a way to stop/start the loop!

So..are they considered contenders?
the digitech unit seems not to be.

What's the bare minimum feature set?

andy