Re: OT That 'sizzle sound' of Mp3s+ hifi tips

At 2009.03.13 11:15 AM, andy butler wrote:
>for completeness, I should mention that the
>most popular lossless compression system on windows seems
>to be FLAC,

Not just a windows codec:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

Flac is also supported by a number of digital audio players

>and that another possibility is "Shorten"

Though some content in shorten is available at archive.org, the
format is no longer widely used.  Flac has supplanted it.  Since
shorten is lossless, you can convert it back to wav and then compress
using another scheme.

I use Exact Audio Copy with FLAC.
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/