Re: EDP BOTHER SYNCH!!! (sic)

heh heh thanks for reminding me Miko...

so unfortunately my workaround to my new EDP having some funny behavior is not working now.. so it more of a notworkaround. Whether the 2 machines sync perfectly via brother sync seems somewhat intermittent now. I have really tried top be systematic in checking things in various orders. (boot order, plus cable in, cable out before boot ) and sometimes things work, others not. But it dopes seem that the new EDP is the unstable one, its the one that crashes when the other is switched on, or cable inserted, it crashes when the BS lead is earthed... the old one doesnt... the old one seems to have a lot of headroom both the input and output of the new one sem very sensitive to having precise levels set for no distortion... so it seems like there might be a problem here... My supplier seems to be very nice guy so I expect to get sorted, but its a shame...

however for few hours this afternoon, it was all hunkydory.. and I saw my future... and it was fine... oh so fine.

Just for a laugh I made a system with my patchbay (Yes Rick I went with your suggestion... pure genius) where all my loopers were "interacting" with earch other...

I played into Vortes ans usual... made loop, grabbe bits of loop into 2 edps, synched to Vortex.. THEN fed output of edps into repeater set as a long pitching delayline... with feedback...

god its a long way from that copycat echo i had in 1981.