Re: OT: why no love for noel redding?

This has nothing to do with my personal feelings for Noel—it's impersonal.  It doesn't matter who played the parts (but I guess the player had to have a name, so I used it.)  Realize that I LOVE the entire band and have unbelieveable, life-changing memories surrounding my first-hand witness of the music.  (Meaning I was there to see it—first tour, second tour) But when I sit down in front of the monitors and listen, I have perceptions I'm not going to ignore due to personal bias.

There are always considerations regarding how one ended up with xyz (whatever results followed)—but the resulting document still has specific sonic qualities.  Just my humble, honest opinion.  Would it be safe to say Hendrix was sometimes a very sloppy player?  *-)  (Ducking NOW!)

To cleanse any sullifying damage my sacriligous statements may have caused, I command you all to go home and watch "Jimi Plays Berkeley" tonight and revel in absolutely amazing, skronky, beautific, Hendrix bliss.  Be sure to add plenty of your favorite beverage or potion.  -m