Re: looking for a VSTi that reacts to audio

Michael Peters wrote:
>> FXpansion makes GURU that analyzes a loop saved to the hard
>> drive and slices it up into short elements that are distributed as
>> sound sources for a drum sampler run by a MIDI sequencer.
>
> actually I'm not even thinking of loops. I know there are computer
>programs
> that can play interactively with a live musician, probably based on rules
> for complexity, volume, pitch, etc. I would guess that there are max
>patches
> that can do that to some extent.

In which case, it's possible in Bidule.

some ideas here:-

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1733

You have a real advantage that you want to use it for drums, so
there's no need to analyse pitch.

A lot depends on how you want to play in order to "tell" your drummer
what the tempo is.