Confused when trying to ASSIGN BASIC EDP FUNCTIONS TO FCB1010

Ok, so I've gone to this site ( http://synchnonsynch.blogspot.com/2006/08/fcb1010-instructions.html ) and have followed all the steps and am still getting nothing. Does anyone know of a video that gives a step by step instruction on how to get the fcb1010 to work with the edp? I have a midi cable going to/from fcb1010 and edp, and I have a regular cable going from both, as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.