Re: Mainstage and midi channels

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> I've been testing with Mainstage and discovered that it seems to respond
> midi messages no mather what channel you specify. For example, if you
>send
> program change on channel 5 from your MFC, Mainstage reacts even if you
>have
> assigned channel 1 to your instrument. I checked the manual and internet
> forums but I can't find a way to filter midi channels in Mainstage. Does
> anyone know a workaround, some filter program on OSX level?

Hi,

Maybe you can assign a MIDI channel to the Keyboard Object? Generally
MainStage doesn't react to external MIDI at all unless you assign it
to a Screen Control Object. The exception from this rule being the the
Keyboard Object because it is the base for virtual instruments.

I just closed my MS lappy so I can't check out for now. You query
makes me curious so I'll look tomorrow. If I remember to ;-))

Per