Re: loop-friendly venues

Both Rick and Pers excellent comments are of course VERY true!!! And Im not suggesting for a moment that MY humble idea should be anything more than a list of places to START from.

RE: Ricks comments, WOW... What a fantastic list... cant beat that really, its of course true that PEOPLE book bands, not clubs.
RE: Pers comments, Again VERY true about the "Manager hat" comment. I know that this approach can be very true from the angle of booking gigs, but also when it comes to sending in CDs for review in publications. A "Press Release" from the label works much better than from the band. Even though its often the same thing.

But RE: my list. I have for many years thought that a great web 2.0 resourse should be (although I'm not the man to program or release it) is user generated lists of.... well ANYTHING!!! For example, you want a plumber. You find a great one, and you post him in this site under "Plumbers" Someone else comments that they too have a great experience with this guy (he gets 2 stars) someone else later posts that this guy overcharged and made suggesting remarks to your daughter (he loses a star). I would LOVE there to be a worldwide database of great people and places. Afterall, this is the same functionality that started "Lonely Planet" and that everyone uses at Amazon and Harmony Central.

Think of my list as a "Snapshot" of now... if you are booking shows NOW, this year. Next year, Im sure its out of date...

Mark
--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094