Re: Live 8 warping and sound quality impressions

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:22 AM, Nick <ParadoxQuine@gmail.com> wrote:
> still wondering what people think about the new warping though.

I think it's useful that the transit recognition is so fast and
accurate now. At a Live workshop last week we could use the 8 beta and
were just throwing loads of songs, clips ans sample snippets at Live
and they all hooked up well in some sort of rhythmic relation.

As for the resulting fidelity you will have to decide in each
situation if it's usable within your context. Personally I use Logic
for producing recorded music but I like Live as a real-time
mess-around-live-mixer-router-playground for live playing with
looping. Version 8 will even more define Live as that typical tool
with the Max4Live and tempo directing Looper plug-in.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com