Re: Exploring new Loooperlative features

William Walker wrote:

> sampling rate. Of course as you change sampling rates, you change loop
> speed, so its not capable of time stretch without pitch alteration. But
> it has allowed me to create some really cool sub octave slow parts that
> remind me of the Repeaters cool pitch shifting ability with the same
> kind of odd yet cool sampling artifacts , for that cool, “metal being
> dragged across the bottom of the ocean” sound the Repeater was known
> for.

Strange, there shouldn't be a lot of artefacts if there's no stretching.
Just a bit of aliasing perhaps if you record slow, and play back
at high speed.
Would be fascinating to know which interpolation algorithm produces
the "Repeater" sound, I'd always assumed it was the time stretch
varying it's grain size in a somewhat haphazard way.

andy butler
ps Bill, this reply via LD, so don't mention the war.