Re: Great Books That Have Changed Our Musical Lives

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Christo Jota <chris@christojota.de>
wrote:
> The important thing is the energy and that you try to
> focus your mind on what you´re doing.
> Not an easy one. But for us musicians it might be easier,
> as playing music can be really fascinating.

So true. Sometimes it hits me that the musicians training is very
similar to the warriors training. The big difference though is that
musicians aim at unconditioned love while war aims at total dominance
through destruction. Different goals but similar methods. Makes me
think about that part in Bhagavad-Gita where Krishna tells Arjuna
"it's ok to fight if you do in a spiritual mode". Boy, does that story
stink!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se