Re: Question about OSX audio routing

I use Jack to route audio from mainstage to sooperlooper and all around (pictured at http://www.warrensirota.com/Looper/TwistedSystem.gif - but now max is used to record everything instead of jack.

I have mainstage, which can talk to 2 drivers at once, getting raw guitar audio directly from the motu and sending it to jack. jack routes it to both sooperlooper and the motu output. jack routes the sooperlooper output directly to the motu. jack routes the mainstage 3-4 outputs directly to motu 1-2 instead of the looper, because i send the drums to 3-4 and they're being driven by a midi loop, don't want to send them to SL.

I don't know if latency varies with cpu load. my cpu load when i'm looping with this setup is usually, ummm, right at the edge anyway. I'm working with a buffer size of 64 samples throughout (I'm not sure to what extent exact matching of buffer size matters, but it can't hurt), and finer ears than mine may discern latency problems, but it's not an issue for me. At all.

My experience with Jack is that it is far, far more efficient than SoundFlower if you have more than 2 channels to route, and also far more flexible (and the UI is almost comprehensible, a considerable improvement over SF). With SF, you can ruote 2 channels or everything. Jack is much more finely-grained (my SF experiences are 2-3 years old, so may not be applicable to the current version).

just my experience, ymmv.
Warren

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> But why not use Bidule AU with Mainstage 1.0.2 today?

If it doesn't work like you want to, you have to use it like it works. So
that's what I'm doing right now ;)

--
Warren
http://www.ubetoo.com/Artist.taf?_ArtistId=6679