Newly subscribed!

I have been wondering if perhaps today was not the best day to
subscribe to the list (-: To say that my inbox presented me with a
rich tapestry of postings is to put it mildly..... It did, however,
make me investigate my mail filtering rules!

Anyway; here I am.

Hello to Andy, Mike, Per and anyone else on the list who already knows
me.

To all those who don't; I'm a UK-based classically-trained violinist
who got into looping a few years ago while playing in a group with
bassist Steve Lawson. I currently do quite a lot of looping in my solo
gigs, alongside normal acoustic violin repertoire.

I started off with a succession of hardware loopers - Boss RC20,
Echoplex, Looperlative - but finally went over to the software side a
couple of years ago.

My current main gig setup is; 5-string electric violin by Fidelius.
SooperLooper within Logic 8 on a MacBook Pro. Gordius Little Giant
controller. I also use Roland PK5 midi bass pedals.

My looping at the moment tends to fall into 2 main categories: 1)
Stuff I've arranged or written: This tends to be either arrangements
of classical pieces, cover versions of songs, and the odd original
composition. 2) Stuff other people have written for me: This ranges
from original looping pieces by a variety of composers, to looping
arrangements and covers.

Given a little more free time (sometime this century I hope!) I'd like
to explore writing more original stuff of my own, and also more
improvisational looping.

If you're interested enough in any of this to want to find out more,
my website is at www.stevebingham.co.uk, where there are sound clips
and also some live video recordings of some of my looping.

I look forward to more learning about what you are all doing with your
looping, and less flaming..... (-:

Best wishes to all,
Steve

Steve Bingham