Re: Sonuus G2M guitar to midi converter

> 1) Essentially, it tracks very well indeed. If anything it feels better
>than
> the Axon/G50.

Hm, you've got my attention!

> 2) You do have to play clean, they suggest palm muting at the bridge,
>which
> does work well. Don't
>  expect miracles in terms of shredding

My shredding skills don't track well on a standard electric guitar, so
I'm good there.
.
> 3) Pitch Bend is fixed at 2 semitones. If you try a 2 semitone bend it
>often
>  retriggers. Bends of one semitone are perfect. So no glissando for Rick.

Interesting... I remember I had to reprogram all my synth patches to
track +-24 (or was it 12?) on my G50 to get it to track correctly.

>  A trill on a semitone doesn't retrigger the synth, but on a tone it
>does.

I'm not sure what that means...

> 4) No controls whatsover, just a 2 position gain switch(which worked ok
>for
> me), and a suggestion to
>  use your guitar volume pot.
> 5)There's a thru output for the guitar signal, didn't test quality but
>will
> if anyone asks.

I'd be curious.  Would be nice if there was a total hard bypass.

> 6) No warbling! At least, no warbling on sustained tones. I know exactly
> which note
>  on my guitar gives the problems to all other devices, and the G2M plays
> that note with
>  a long sustain till it shuts off.    Of course, if you have more than
>one
> note ringing at once,
> by design or haphazardness, then it warbles away.

That's awesome.  One of my biggest issues is the warbling that happens
as a note trails off.

> 7) I couldn't trick it into playing ultra low notes by playing just the
> right chord :-(  8) Range is exactly that of the guitar. Lowest note it
>will
> track is low drop D. Highest note is the 24th fret top E.
>  Outside that range....nothing.

That's fine.  Is there any synth that doesn't let you program it's
range/octave?

> 9) The power LED doubles as a guitar tuner. Pretty hopeless, the flashing
> speed decreases as you get nearer the note.
>   It's ok for checking tuning, but as there's no info as to whether
>you're
> sharp or flat it's very difficult to use.
>   For the cost of one extra LED it would have been workable.
>
> 10) Neat "battery dying" LED.  Tells you in advance the battery will
>die, so
> you can replace it before gig or recording, (didn't test).
> 11) Not programmable in any way, fixed midi channel, velocity response,
> pitch bend rage, no transpose.
>

> Overall, I thought this was a pretty neat little device, I didn't check
>for
> sure against the Axon/G50 devices, but I reckon the
> latency is as low as with a hex p/u.
> If you wanna play rhythmically accurate, use the high notes and
>transpose if
> needed.
>
> Being mono is something of a disadvantage, as not only chords are ruled
>out,
> but also arpeggio type playing.
>
> Any questions....I have to pass it on to the owner soon.

Thanks a lot for this.  The more I hear about this little device, the
more I think it'll be a fun addition to my rig.