Re: Davis' modal stuff

my next album title: "None Dare Call It Music" :-)

do you know, i think Kind of Blue is a bit over-idolized also (I'm a Silent Way and Bitches' Brew devotee), but when it comes to Django? Whatever you think intellectually of the music, I just loved listening to it for a long, long time (until it became just too familiar to listen to, much like the Beatles) - it is joyful, accomplished, often interesting and always swinging  (Rainer, you knew *someone* would bite!). That's enough for me.