Re: midi volume pedal

hi Michael,
I have...uh....many..of those blue pedals. (Bespeco)

They work absolutely fine, but I have seen the behaviour that you
describe on occasion.

There's no standard as to how an expression pedal should be wired,
so the wiper of the potentiometer can either be connected
to the tip or the ring of a stereo jack.
(Bespeco make both types)

When the wrong wiring is used, sometimes the readings jump around
as you seem to be describing.

If they work fine with the PMC, then they are probably perfectly ok.
If they don't, it may be they need a re-wire, easiest way is to
open the jack plug, leave the screen connection where it is and
swap the other 2 wires.

good luck with your gig

andy butler