RE: RC-50 Impressions

i've been using an RC-50 for a year now. set it up with a number of looped
song sections and also used it for looping on the fly. the drum patterns
are
varied but there's no option to add fill patterns. Nevertheless, if i'm
stuck with the RC's patterns, the challenge is to create loops and play
play
over them and 'do things' creative enough to render the repetitive pattern
less obvious in the blend - so it takes a backseat to the riffing and
simply
supports If i'd known it only liked to master in a MIDI connect to my drum
machine, I probably would have bought anyway on the Ebay auction. I
mentioned this before on list when i was asking for advice on trying to
sych
my DR 670 with the 670 as master, the RC-50 unlike many drum machines uses
tempo settings which can be set wiht 10th intervals (ie.
120.0,120.1,120.3.....and so on). The drum machines i've seen stick to
whole
number tempo settings and i wonder whether this difference in tempo setting
has anything to do with the problem of syching the RC to external devices
via MIDI. Either way, it likes to be in the MIDI driver's seat.
  If ever a truism held with me about the RC-50 or any other looper, it's
'garbage in - garbage out' for these multi-tracks on the floor. So, I
figure
it's wise to just use it to it's capacity and play to it's strengths vs
complain about what it can't do.  as an aside - before i bought the RC-50 I
came across Jonny Wright's youtube video and i'll let that speak for itself
interms of the RC-50's value within live performing. here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYvTKVTzU8 .

cheers from east coast Canada,
Mike