OT carry on acoustics.

Dear list, I’m going to a family reunion next Wednesday, traveling by plane, and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I’m contemplating taking my full size acoustic guitar with me, that I’d rather not check . I know that people have had luck hand carrying their guitar to the plane before relinquishing it, but I’m wondering if any of you who have traveled with an acoustic lately could give me some feedback, as to how you navigate this issue. My guitar has an excellent arched top hard shell case, but I still don’t trust the airline goons enough to check it with my other bag.

 Thanks

Bill