Re: ot.....mac question

Michael Flash can be an illusive rabbit.  I went through something similar as I recall on my son's first Mac with a website that needed a particular flavor of Flash.  It was quite back/forth but finally Safari updated properly which are you using it or Firefox as that may be part of the issue.  I tend to not like Firefox but I'm a bit strange by many.  So far I've been comfortable with Safari and am on v 4.0.

After dong the routine you rebooted, cleared browser cache, etc.  no?  also for Flash audio problems there was some deal where Flash would stop doing audio and killing your browser, started Garageband would resolve it.  Doubt any relation re video but computers are strange sometimes.

I just really find it hard to believe here that the only solution is buy a new machine.  Have you done all your Apple sw updates particularly with you running a dated OS?  Also what about upgrading to Tiger.  I could share a copy with you if it's difficult to get.

Jim