Re: Bidule midi question

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Steve Bingham<sbingham@con-brio.com>
wrote:
> Do any Bidule users out there know how I can do the following, as I'm
>pretty
> new to the program:
>
> I have two midi inputs coming into Bidule from external sources, on two
> different midi channels. One is connected up to a synth module
>(Absynth). I
> would like to use a range of note on values from the other input to
>control
> the volume in Absynth.
>
> Any ideas welcome!!

Having two MIDI In ports is no problem. You can either (1) cable MIDI
streams wherever you need to send them or through Bidules that
filters, transposes, remaps etc. Or you can (2) use the Parameters
Window to directly assign some MIDI to a target parameter.

Or you can just double-click and Bidule or plug-in and click its "MIDI
Learn" button, touch a parameters graphical object and send in the
external MIDI you want to create a binding to. After having done this
you mustn't forget to turn off the MIDI Learn function - or you will
end up with hundreds of parameters assigned to your precious pedal
;-))

Regarding that "range of notes" you want to control Abysynth volume I
have a feeling that it would make a good start convert those notes to
either MIDI CC# or direct parameter control data. I would look for a
way to that to start with. Might need some scaling to work, which is
done by first opening the plug-in's GUI then clicking its button
marked "Params" (at the top Bidule shell) and then selecting the
actual parameter in the parmeters list in the left column. You can
then set Min and Max value for the parameter to scale it to you
musical need.

I'm sorry I don't know the details, but the manual is quite ok for
looking up things and at the Bidule forum people are very keen on
helping.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se