RE: hardware vs software - this time from a blind man's view

About the P5 data glove, Bill had this to say:
"Wow that actually sounds really cool do you have a link for that Rainer?"

This seems to be something like the manufacturer's site:
http://www.vrealities.com/P5.html

Some years ago, I got one at a kind of blowout sale for some $16,
including some computer games which can be controlled with it.
I have to admit that although it would be utterly cool to control
modular synths especially (and also effects with some self-done UI), I
haven't done too much in that direction.

The fun starts here:
http://www.simulus.org/p5glove/

A site which offers (or links to) several drivers and applications
which generate MIDI data, interface with Reaktor etc.

Incidentially, just the other day a friend (who's also on this list
btw) sent me a link to a package which interfaces this glove to PD
under Linux:
http://www.noisybox.net/computers/p5glove/

Now, for some eye/earcandy: you may simply search youtube etc
yourself, but here's some funny stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLFEOl9hNU&feature=PlayList&p=C5863259B3188D31&index=27
The Nord Modular G2X obviously lends itself to the idea of using it
with that interface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleNZXNACJM
For some ambient, virtual reality kind of use

Gee, I've got to dig mine out again...

As a sidenote, this is an USB device - which needs you need a computer
to use it with a hardware synth/effect, and you need a driver for your
OS.

Best,

              Rainer