Gary Hall (was: why we founded this list)

On 19 Jul 2009, at 13:10, Mark Sottilaro wrote:

> I think so.  It was crazy that he and I had been exchanging emails for
> quite some time off list when we found out that he lived right next to
> me!  What are the odds... anyway, he's a great guy.  We had some good
> times on that little island.

in my memory it was even more crazy: you found out because I was with
Gary and we stepped out of house simultaneously to go to
Loopstock! ... but then how did we find out on the side walk that we
were going to the same event?

how do you know there is no magic?

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM, David Gans<david@trufun.com> wrote:
>> At 11:40 AM -0300 7/19/09, Matthias Grob wrote:
>>>
>>> This paragraph is about the personal situation, you can skip it:
>>> I am a true friend of the Walker brothers and I also had a good
>>> time with
>>> Mark when we have been neighbours for some fantastic coincidence,
>>> when I
>>> lived in Gary Halls house on Alameda island. (Gary is one of the
>>> fathers of
>>> livelooping, now retired in Tailand)
>>
>> Is that the Gary Hall who worked at Sonic Solutions in the early
>> '90s?

yes! before he worked at Lexicon and created the PCM42 which turned
into a studio standard, and he kept modifying it for the live loopers
during the 80ies. A very helpful and wise guy!