Re: Loopers forum..

Aaron Leese wrote:

> Yeah, I know it.  I was just over there today as well.

:-)
me too

> Unfortunately, traffic is generally rather low,

which is exactly the reason that:-

> and some people on this
> list have been rather against the idea of a looping forum in the past
> ... not sure why.

that's all there is to it,
the mailing list thrives.
The forum is quiet.

I think LD has between 100-200 signed up members
which is the same as that forum.
So for the number of participants we have, the
mailing list produces (for better or worse) animated
discussion, and the forum doesn't.

>From experience at that particular forum,
which I participate in regularly, it soon
becomes obvious that it's very easy for a thread
to die simply because a participant didn't check
back.

If you want to have the advantages of a forum
while reading LD
1) reading messages by thread
2) avoid a great pile of LD in your inbox
3) search the archive efficiently

none of those things is difficult to do.

So, I hope no-one still feels hard done by that they are
don't have their forum :-)

I hope it also explains why the majority of LD
members just don't feel a need for a forum.

> Also, I think Kim still watches this list, but LD
> doesn't get updated much.  A few more links on there would be great.

You could try mailing him direct.
That's what he used to ask for in the days
that he did contribute.

> this one could use a bump too .... great URL, too bad there's not more
> there.
>
> http://www.livelooping.org/

Matthias' site

> Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>> So the other day I find out there's this:
>>
>> http://loopingmusic.proboards.com/

Nick Robinson's.
Good old Nick, he actually went and did it!

andy