Re: OT: mic for iPod Touch recommendation

hi Jim,
One of those cheap mini electret condensers would be ok.
(assuming it has stereo input).

Those little capsules usually have really good range.
I used to use one with a mini-disk recorder and got
some very acceptable results (all things being relative).

The omni-directional stereo pattern is not ideal, but
then I'm guessing you're looking more for a "notebook"
than for serious recording.

I rather doubt it's worth spending more.
To get a significantly better mic would likely cost
as much as a Zoom H2 (which is great for acoustic guitars).

andy