Re: OT: Notron Latronic - alternatives?

Heh, yeah, I've had a few of those myself where all of the sudden I'm
obsessed with some arcane device.  The thing that would bother me
about the software version of the Nortron is while it hosts VSTs it is
not one itself.  I think something like this would be fun to run right
inside Live.

I don't think the APC40 will operate like a Monome or Tenor-on.  All
those buttons seem to be dedicated to the launching/recording/playing
of clips.  Cool as a sequencer application in itself, but not a grid
or x0x style of note input.

I'd check out a download of Reaktor if you don't have it.  There are a
ton of cool sequencers for it that might help distract you from your
current obsession!  Good luck.