Re: SEMI-OT INTERVIEW WITH NELS CLINE AND G.E. STINSON

Jim,

Funny thing . . . I used to enjoy Shadowfax way back in the day . . .
and was somewhat aware of their guitar player . . . some guy named
Stinson (as I'd read in the squint print of the liner notes).

A decade or more later, when (through my friendship with Jeff Kaiser)
I became acquainted with Nels, Vinny Golia, Stu Liebig, Woody
Aplanalp, and a whole bunch of folks associated with a downtown L.A.
"scene" surrounding the Alligator Lounge (including a G.E. Stinson), I
hadn't made the connection that the two musicians were indeed the same
guy.

Duh.

Actually, I found that out relatively recently.

I guess I'm just sort of slow.

The musics of the G.E. of now and of Shadowfax of the early '80s are
verrrrrry different animals.

Ted