Re: anti-looper bigots / Miles & Teo

Title: Re: anti-looper bigots / Miles & Teo
Thanks for that link, Rev...

I produced a record this year for Jazz Guitarist Ray Gehring, and while I was sorting through the takes, I was struck by how "In a Silent way" the vibe was, somehow I couldn't locate my copy of that Miles record, so I went down to the east village to Norman's records and I found a 3 disk set of the complete "Silent Way" sessions... wow... My favorite Miles Davis record in the flesh, so to speak....  Then I spied a 4 disk set of "Bitches Brew" , often considered to be the 'best' Miles record.. I'd never even heard it... I'd avoided hearing it because it was so hyped and I wanted to avoid the big letdown...

OK,  I put on Bitches Brew and I had the most transporting musical experience I've had in decades... wow..  I noticed all of the edits and repeated passages (looping, if you will allow the comparison...),  I thought that the production of this record had more in common with Hip Hop than with smug, snooty "Jazz" records and I LOVED IT...

 Nice work Teo....