Re: RC-50 (was Boss looper contest in Germany)

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Sjaak<tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> Well,
> The problem is that the default settings of the RC-50 are not the
>settings most (EDP) loopers are used to. In fact, it recalculates the
>length of the phrase based on the midi clock or the rhythmn guide. But
>you can change this behaviour: install OS 1.01 + sound priority mode
>sync. This has been documented on my website and I think I have send this
>info already several times to the list.

That's some essential RC-50 knowledge!

> Anyway, if you are looking for a reliable, plug and play sound-on-sound
>looper, the RC-50 is a good choice, especially live. If you are looking
>for advanced delay and FX features to create more experimental music and
>glitchy stuff, the features of the RC-50 are probably too limited and
>you're better off with a different looper.

I agree with Sjaak on this. I had an RC-50 for a week to check out and
I helped a theatre to incorporate it into a play. A nice and simple
box for those that wants what it delivers and is prepared to stick
with a fixed functionality.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se