OT: footswitch in "tuner out"

I think it was a while back that somebody said by putting a latched or unlatched footswitch into an effect pedal's 'tuner out' plug would act as a kill switch, muting all that was going through the pedal.

I've poked through the archive but couldn't find the original post and a trip this morning to two LMS's came up empty as neither had a pedal with a 'tuner out'.

Does anybody else remember this?  Could somebody with this a 'tuner out' pedal & a footswitch try it out for me?

Ted H.
Enemies are good for self-definition. Werner Herzog