Re: OT: Ustream/Ninjam question

Kevin re the audio when you go to Broadcast Now and get the smaller window interface.  There are two dropdowns, one for video one for audio.  In the one for audio if you have a USB audio interface as I use it will reference that in my case I use a Tascam 224 so if that driver and device are initialized on my Mac uStream will pick it up.  If you are using some kind of analog to your computer line in the line in will be an option if it's alive on your computer.

A sidebar of this if you are on a Mac that has an iSight camera as in the case of Matt and I, and wanted to us an external webcam for some reason as I did recently, uStream can't differentiate between internal and external usb on the Mac.  Though several scripts are out there to disable iSigyht they don't disable the internal USB port.  The work around that is glitchy but does work on enough tries is to start up Photo Booth first and convince OSX that isight is busy when you kick off uStream, it will then detect the external camera.  This took several open/close tries but did finally work.  I realize you didn't write about this but maybe there is a sidebar interest or others on the list will be curious and your thoughts spurned the output.

I have not outputted desktop or B-roll source to roll over the live webcam as sounds like you want to do, I"ve thought about it but not explored.  Jeff has explored greenscreening I think to justin or ustream.

Jim
btw I have a show this weekend on ustream, my URL is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sunday-morning-at-11 and it will be this weekend at 11am EST.  Another announce coming soon more formal.