Re: EDP VG99 FC300 Problems

that right, Andy!
sorry, Fred,
since we have a very old processor (like a Mac Plus!) in the EDP its
audio DSP part stops when it has to deal with Sysex. Usually thats not
a problem because Sysex is used to change parameters while not
playing, and a single command hardly creates an audible interruption.
but if you send Sysex streams meant for other units to it as well, it
hicks up.

to select different channels does not solve the problem, because it
needs to analyze the data anyway. Sysex does not differentiate
channels but IDs so I dont think it does much with the stuff you send
to the 99 anyway, but just to figure out that the data is not aimed to
it, takes proc time...

I suppose you will have to either command the 99 some other way or
filter the Sysex stuff so it does not go through it or filter it in a
separate midi box between 99 and EDP... there are many options,
probably...

good luck!
Matthias