see a case when sampling is not an overblown matter and actually does serious
harm to someone.

Louigi.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Toby G <carpet8@mac.com> wrote:
You just started a long flaming discussion.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: Samples and looping

I think it is immoral to make people ask you every time they wanna use
your work. I mean, I am sitting at home and I have a sound editor and
I record an audio signal of a movie that is playing. Then I cut out samples
out of this recording. Does it mean that some guy there actually owns my
freedom and I am obliged to go ask permission whether I can cut out samples
from a movie he once did?

But of course these sampling questions are very controversial. I have no desire to start
a long flaming discussion. Just cleared up my position on that.