Belew looping

Last night Adrian Belew Power Trio was in town, put on a great show in which he looped in all but one song. I was able to move to the front towards the end of the show, it looks like all he is using is a boomerang. He also has an FBC1010 but looked like all he did with that was use an expression pedal to adjust between the mix of two effects chains. Nice use of his timefactor delay for harmony lines (he also has a harmonizer he steps on frequently). His backing band is a drums/bass brother/sister team from Philadelphia who kicked butt, I only heard the drums get out of sync with the loop one time; didn't see any in-ear monitors but they did have the Bose L1 PA system setup on stage, besides using stage monitors and house PA. A very eclectic sound I have no idea how they keep everything in sync so well.

For those of you near Philadelphia, they have a free show tonight at Rembrandt's (actually not a show, it is a listening party for their new CD 'e').

I highly recommend the new cd 'e', listen to it with the knowledge that it is reproduced on stage live with loops. You can listen tosome snippets at his website http://www.adrianbelew.net/ -- although I would say the live versions were a bit wilder.

Eric

start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00