Re: david toop article - nytimes - today

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:37 AM, Raul Bonell<raul.bonell@gmail.com> wrote:

> The heart of improvisation, IMHO, is to have good
>>
>> strategies to throw yourself out of what you like and what you feel in
>> order to successfully experiment with the reactions of your musical
>> instinct when confronting the un-known.
>
> i hope that musical instinct exists per se.
> this would prove that music is an essential part of life.
>
> can i have permission to use this wonderful quote, per.

Certainly! But that's not something I have mocked up; It's the essence
of zen (applied to musical improvisation).

I guess that without "musical instincts" we wouldn't be able to learn
languages, walk... or hardly interact with anything in the world.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com