Re: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

Sjaak Overgaauw wrote:

> I have used a Behringer 1602 for several years. Perfect as a live
> mixer for keyboards, the sound is "OK". imo, the recent Behringer
> models made in China are not as good as some older models. Also, build
> quality is more an issue these days, as with so many audio
> manufacturers assembling in China.

afaik, they always manufactured in China, and they
had build quality issues from the start.
I'm not surprised if some of the newer stuff sounds bad,
because they really dropped prices when they re-designed.
The older stuff was variable, some that sounded
really bad too.

If they had a 1u rack mixer with just the right features I'd have to get
it tho'  ;-)

...and if they ever bring out a looper, I bet a lot of
LDers will try it.

At least they have a really good replacement policy for
faulty stuff.

andy