Re: Important non-documented aspect of Mainstage reacting to not binded MIDI input

> Have you had the ghostlike experience that Mainstage suddenly changes
> settings that you have not programmed a MIDI control for?
> I just found out that Mainstage is kind of hard-wired to react to
>incoming
> MIDI events that match the most usual Roland General MIDI protocol.

Mainstage indeed has some pre-programmed midi routings. For example,
you don't have to setup a sustain controller in MS when pluggin in a
sustain pedal on your synth, it just works. Same with volume,
modulation, pitch...that's just there automatically. I use 2 separate
controllers, one for Mainstage (ch 1) and one for my looper on (ch 5).
I have switched off all outgoing midi CC events on my Nord, so only
notes, aftertouch and velocity are sent out, nothing else. That way
I'm in control rather than the machines. Btw: I also use the gain
plugin as volume control, that was a good tip!

> In praxis it may
> bring problems for Behringer FCB1010 users because this MIDI pedal board
> sometimes leaks out random MIDI CC# data it is not programmed to send
>out.

Oeps, thank you Uli! ;-)  The only problem I have every now and then
is a hanging midi note or effect, but I have the impression MS2
behaves much better regarding this issue. Buzap: make sure you use a
button to trigger the midi panic control ;-) Unless you like never
ending drones.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/