Re: Mainstage worthwhile?

Hi Warren

yes, I have just (re)discovered Mainstage myself recently - and I really
like it :)

The advantages imo:
- You can design your custom UI surface with sliders, knobs, level meters
etc. exactly the way you need. Actually, I have i.e. rebuild my hardware
controller on the screen.
- Assigning to midi controllers is very easy. I esp. like the flexibility
you have (single value, toggle, parameter range...).
- I like the way it's handling esp. keyboard layers, allowing you to
control in great detail how you want to use a master midi keyboard.
- Patches are a nice way to organize your ... well patches.
- Overall, so far it seems to make efficient use of resources (CPU,
memory).
- And the most important factor: I always found it frustrating to emulate
my hardware fx in Logic and vice versa. Here, I'm able to re-use the Logic
effects, instruments and routing possibilities I'm familiar with. And if I
stumble upon a good idea for a song while looping, I can easily replicate
it in Logic with the same settings.
- Oh, and of course: if you're already a Logic user, you get it for free
:-)

best regards
Buzap