Re: compact sequencers

Hey Luis,

Im using a Boss Dr Groove 202 drum machine for what you ask... The idea thing about it is that it has a drum machine AND a bassline sequncer.. I mute the bassline, and program my EDP commands there, which leaves the drum machine side of it to continue to do drum parts (or in my case clicking and farting noises.)
It is however a bit of a pig to program, and is stuffed full with (mostely useless) factory patterns that cannot be over written.. the user section is NOT its default fire up section... so kind of irritating...

On the other hand, its midi sync is good, and I have it run on AUTO mode, that means that if it detects midi, it will play, in synch, but if you stop it, it will play at any speed you want... so I often use it to UNDO a a super fast rate (i have one patch set up just full of undos) or pitch jumps, and I run it UN synched OR synched... unsynched is great! cos your loop is still synched, but will keep having to correct where it is in the loop as it changes to half speed and back... randomly... nice...

Just a nother suggestion... prob the QY things are better... they certainly look easier to program..

Mark