Re: "art" & money, was: amanda palmer

Thanks for putting me back on track - I got swallowed up in the whole
piracy thing, too.   Value is a tricky subject - but for the purposes
of this thread we have to think of value exclusively in economic terms
rather than any other kind. That said, sure, art and music as
commodities are dropping in value. The whole technology thing - which
is great - is also in a way devaluing the jobs of professional artist,
musician, producer and recording engineer. I guess the only thing pros
can do is give some kind of added value - better quality art, sound,
production. Something that people are willing to pay for.  I wonder
how much longer people will pay for it. We have the opportunity now of
producing very high fidelity recordings, but people listen to MP3s and
seem to think they're fine.