Re: power supply for pedalboard with both DC and AC

L.Angulo schrieb:
> hi gang,
> im still frustrated looking for a power brick to power all these
>pedals,but i cant seem to find one
>
> i have the following:
>
> Line 6 DL4 - 9V AC
> Digitech vocalist live 2 - 9 Volt AC, 1300 mA
> Boss OC3 9V DC
> Adrenalinn - 9V DC 500mA  center pin positive
> id also like to add as well the
> Eventide timefactor - 9 Volt DC 1200 mA Middle contact (+), outside (-)

Try to get one of the stronger universal switching power supplies meant
to power laptops. You should get them for around 70 Euros. They come
with a bunch of adapters.
Then buy additional adapters and solder them to the same voltage output
cable. But be careful as some of your gear has reversed polarity, but
they all want 9 V. Most machines which come with an AC power supply are
happy with a DC input, polarity is not important in this case.
I did that successfully for all of my Midi fader boxes. They do not
drain so much current though.
I also did it with Peavy gear which seems to have a (very heavy)
standard 18V AC supply for anything they build. Some of that equipment
is even happy with 12V DC...
The weight and space of my supply needs dropped dramatically, as
switching power supplies are not heavy at all...

If in doubt try to get hold of schematics of the devices. I never broke
anything with that method, but I wouldn't want to garanty it...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--